Monday, June 04, 2007

My Chess Comeback

I thought I had made it clear that I had retired from playing competitive chess - things were easier that way. Of course, that didn't stop someone from asking me if I wanted to play Grade Matches for them tonight. Did I want to play tonight? Well no, not really - my life as it stands is already busy enough. But did that stop me being conned into playing anyway? Well, what do you think?

So it looks like I am travelling down nostalgia lane tonight. To the best of my recollection, this is the first time I will have played a game since I started working full time. I'm coming up to the end of my work day and I'm not particularly alert. And let me tell you, that makes me rather alarmed - tiredness and competitive chess simply doesn't mix. Well, at the very least it should be interesting to see how I perform. I'll let you all know tomorrow ...

No comments: