Friday, June 29, 2007

Christians Behaving Badly

There is nothing more central to the Christian life than the practice of discipleship. Without discipleship there is no Christ and without Christ there is no Christianity. This Sunday at Space for God (www.spaceforgod.org.au) we'll be reading through Luke 9:51-62 in which Jesus says a little bit about what it means to be his disciple. We'll also look at an example of discipleship gone wrong, in which the desire to follow Jesus was present, but the discernment was lacking. With that in mind, here are a few questions you might like to think about for Sunday night:

(1) What presently stands in between myself and being an effective disciple of Jesus?
(2) When and how have I previously been misguided in my discipleship endeavours?
(3) How can Space For God pursue discipleship as a community?

Everyone is welcome to come, so if you read my blog and want to know more, call myself on 0406 744 069 or Steph on 0422 818 059.

No comments: