Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Little Bit of Culture

I've been studying for a "Professional Responsibility" exam at the College of Law, so I've been unable to blog regularly over the last week. I'm planning on writing something tonight after the exam and even have a topic in mind. To tide you over until then, I thought I'd just share something that I've stumbled upon in the vast expanses of YouTube. It's a version of Nessun Dorma by Jussi Bjorling, a Swedish tenor widely regarded to have had the greatest voice in recorded history.



It's embarrassing to acknowledge this, but I only discovered this gem after getting myself wrapped up in the hysteria surrounding Paul Potts of Britain's Got Talent fame. As shameful as it is to admit succumbing to the snares of pop culture, I'm grateful that it is through such channels that I have been led to this truly sublime voice.

No comments: