Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Radiohead - Street Spirit

I don't know why, but every time I listen to this song I get this feeling on an impending apocalypse. Time becomes short, and everything I do takes added significance. I see the forces of evil mounting against me and everything I stand for. I must fight this force regardless of the cost and apathy is not an option. I must summon whatever little strength I have for the battle ahead.

There are many enemies, but there is none greater than that in myself. I realise that all those who take up the sword against this oppressive being risk being consumed by the evil that they are trying to fight against. Looking into the heart of evil I must not blink, for by doing so I will be swallowed whole.

I realise that I am outflanked and outgunned. My only artillery is love and grace and even then I am not always a particularly accurate marksmen. They may not be the weapons of the world, but I must have faith that the weapons I do have are more powerful when they are shot true and straight.

No comments: