Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Launch of Sydney Anglican Watch

After much reflection, I've decided that it is the right time to open Sydney Anglican Watch - a site dedicated to promoting honest and open discussion about matters pertinent to the Sydney Diocese. I've long been concerned about the phenomenon of censorship in the Sydney Diocese, but over the last few months my concerns have been greatly increased. Whether censorship is a more localised phenomenon or something intrinsic to Reformed theology I cannot profess to know (of course, one might wish to point to Calvin's adventures with Servetus), but this is largely irrelevant. The fact is that I feel compelled to act and to deny this compulsion would be irresponsible in the extreme.

I have stated my aims and objectives of the project here.

If you are a reader from the margins, this is a chance for you to freely discuss issues in a manner that was perhaps not available to you before. If you are a Sydney Anglican reader, I welcome your views and opinions too and would be more than happy for people to be involved with a sustained defence of the behaviour of the Sydney Diocese. As the Scriptures say, "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another".

No comments: